Dodie Clark's Impact

Someone's voice can drastically change how you think about them and your opinion on what they are saying. There have been hundreds of influential voices throughout the 20th century that we have been able to record, and thousands more recently, as recording devices were added to cell phones. For this project, our goal was to choose a voice that has been influential in our own lives and the lives of people around us and create a podcast about them and how they have made an impact. I chose to do a story about one of my favorite musicians, Dodie Clark. Or, as she's known by her stage name, dodie. Her music is all accentuated by her gorgeous singing voice, usually accompanied by her playing the ukulele, piano or guitar, and each song reflects strong emotions. Her openness and honesty are what really struck a chord with me, though. In a world where anyone can lie about how they are feeling, the fact that she writes about her struggles with self acceptance and mental illness is truly unique and impactful. Her music has helped me get through some really hard times, and I am glad I now get to share her voice with you.


Podcast Transcript


Comments