Activism: A Survival Guide

Pride Parade, MDS (2018)

For this last unit of our Humanities class, Endurance, we worked on how to self-motivate and how to get over fears. For this Action Project, the goal was to create a survival guide for someone hoping to go into our chosen careers. Even though I am hoping to go into politics and activism, I decided to focus on my passion for service, so my goal for this project was to complete 60,000 hours of service over my lifetime. It is so important to be able to come up with strategies for yourself to be able to push through the tough times. I think this project was a great use of time, and this is something that I will be able to look to in the future. Also, being able to put in the work to know yourself and how you function best is a skill that will be useful for all parts of life. Thank you for reading.
Works Cited
"Meet Pete." PeteForAmerica.com, Pete Buttigieg.
The Editors of the Britannica. “Harvey Milk.” Encyclopædia Britannica, Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc., 18 May 2019.“State Maps of Laws & Policies.” HRC.org, Human Rights Campaign.
"Official Harvey Milk Biography." MilkFoundation.org, The Harvey Milk Foundation.

Comments